Hopefully you've resolved your issue, but either way I thought I'd share our roosters state now, two weeks later. After having used vetrx in his mouth and also around his eye, there wasn't a noticeable difference. 1 week into the ordeal, we received rooster booster feed which we mixed with some oatmeal and bananas to get him to eat it. We used vetrx and the rooster booster for another 5 days and then.... no more eye issues! That same day we received our valbazen, so we decided to apply it directly just to be Sure it wasn't an eyeworm. We also let him take a sip. Now another week later, he looks good as new.
I can't say I'd recommend this process, and it may not have gone down the same way if it was one of our laying hens, but this worked out great apparently.