We're very sad but my question is this - how long should we wait to get a new chicken. We spent all day today disinfecting the coop and run. Our other two chickens appear to be just fine. Again, we don't know for sure that it is Marek's but it certainly appeared to be the problem. But after researching the disease, I know there are other things that can have those symptoms as well. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? And if so, how long did you wait to add a new chicken to your flock?
Since we're now only a 2 chicken household, I am hoping we can get a new chicken sooner rather than later. But I don't want to knowingly put an animal in harm's way. Any advice would be most appreciated.
Edited by yolaleah - 3/27/16 at 6:36pm