Update!: 2 more chicks tried to hatch, one dried and shriveled up before it's hatch was complete. I was afraid of the second one doing the same, so I pulled the half hatched egg and brought her inside for support. I put damp warm paper towels surrounding the egg and broke tiny pieces of eggs shell off and began a rip in membrane where it seemed she was having trouble. A few minutes after hatching, I put her back under the hen in the coop. It was already twilight. This morning, there is still a live and now fluffy chick!!!
Four hatches, two died, and two made it with help. I'm pretty sure the hens have eaten some of the eggs....hopefully ones that were not viable. This one hen had 15 eggs to start. She still has about that many, but mostly all NEW eggs! I've seen some remains of shells, none of the eggs under her right now have the penciled in numbers I wrote on the eggs at day 10! My americaunas and another hen keep laying new eggs in with the two broody hens (this could go on forever!)
My goal now, is to move her to the tractor where the chick will be safe. I'd like to move the four chicks in the house in with her if she'll accept them. One is the chick that came from her clutch, and 3 are store bought. They are all under a week old. I'm going to read up and see if I can find ideas on how to do this successfully, but if you have any pointers at all, please share!!!!!