Sadly, an emergency brought me here. I am very worried because my chicken TuTu, 1 year old white rooster, is very ill. I took him to 2 vets and they suspect New Castle disease (I wasnt aware of various vaccines for chickens so we didnt get him vaccinated) But I am not too convinced. Tutu has always lived inside the house. I dont understand where he contracted it. And these vets are not Avian experts.
Symptoms Tutu is having are:
- He was shaking his head alot but that seems to be reduced.
- He isnt eating or drinking anything on his own.
- He is doing white watery poop with green pellets in it.
- He droops to the point that his beak is on the floor. Sometimes he is up but stands still and is always silent.
- He doesn't seem to be having respiratory issues yet.
- His neck seems swollen outwardly.
- He has become very weak.
Current treatment as suggested by vets:
- Vibramycin half capsule mixed in 1 ml Vidaylin syrup.
- Force feeding Cerelac wheat.
- Force feeding Vitamin water, ORS and Glucose water.
He has recently started doing this munchy thing with his mouth. please see the video at 0:12. Doing this alot even while drooping.
His stool test came negative for parasites.
Please help. I feel so sad for him. What is going on with him? Is it New Castle or Merks?
He may have eaten some cloth strings we are suspecting. His crop is not impacted but does feel thin and squishy. Could he have blocked gizzard?