Hi new Chicken Friends!
After lurking for a few weeks I finally took the plunge and joined BYC. Y'all have been really helpful to me already!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are new to chickens! We live in an urban neighborhood where chickens are common, and after admiring our neighbors' flocks for several years we finally decided to get our own.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 6 in our flock right now: 4 seven week old Speckled Sussex, 1 buff orpington and 1 Amercauna
(3) What breeds do you have?
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm a retired roller derby athlete who loves to read, spend time with my kids and volunteer with local animal rescue groups.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I've got three human kids, 2 rescued pitbull mixes and 2 cats. We foster bottle baby kittens and old pitbulls for our local shelter.
Thanks for having me!