The coop is done!!!!!
We were really running out of time and money so we made sort of a summer coop. we are going to work on enclosing it before winter. Also, we don't need nesting boxes until this fall.
We put a small shelter inside the coop with a tin roof for when we have thunder storms or hot sun. I think the small shelter will be perfect when we get more chicks in the future, we can partition it off and use it as a brooder within the coop.
It is 8x12 and we have 11 chickens in it. We will be culling all but 1 rooster as soon as we figure out who all are roosters.
The floor is a platform of sorts made out of pallets, some lumber and thin plywood. we painted it with a waterproof paint to help keep the floor from rotting. We used bird netting over the roof joists until we can put in a roof and fencing along all the walls except 1. right now it has a window which is an old skylight. We have a second one to put in this fall when we enclose it.