I am a newbie here and thought i would say hi.
So i saw the template so let me answer your questions:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new and looking to get my first batch of chickens here around April 7th through 14th. If anyone has any chickens going to hatch then let me know
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
A few members pointed me in the right direction
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Well I used to be into saltwater fish but have minimized that a lot due to the money involved. I also am a paranormal investigator. (hobby / side volunteer job )
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Well i have a Son who will be 3 this summer. I live in Glendale Arizona with my wife and son. We have 2 dogs right now (one is on the verge of being put down due to age) and budgies and button quail that were my grandmothers. I am a information architect/ web project manager for online marketing. I currently don't have a full time job so I work for myself and do a lot of side/ contracting jobs.
It has really become my passion lately to try and make our family more self sustainable and thus we are doing chickens. I plan on also plan on planting a garden for the first time and some fruit bearing trees.
Thanks everyone. I am happy to be here.
Edited by smjacob - 4/23/10 at 1:15am