I have a Delware that is about 9 months old. She has been fine unitl a few days ago she was laying on the ground and wouldn't stand up. Initially we thought she had been pecked near to death (we've had problems with that in the past with this flock), but upon closer examination that wasn't the case. She had been being pecked at, and as a result sustained some feather loss on her back and they drew a little blood on her wing, but it was fairly superficial.
1) When we pciked her up, we could tell that she had lost some weight.
2) I discovered some chicken lice on her as well. But as we investigated the rest of the flock none of them had lice. regardless we treated all of them and the coop for lice.
3) She's not able to keep her balance either. She doesn't have paralysis as she is still able to move both legs, but there is an awkward lack of coordination about it. As a result she is only able to lay on her side. She makes attempts at getting upright, but even then only moves her legs back and forth- there is no lateral movement to get her legs under her.
4) She desn't seem to be getting weaker or better.
5) She has one eye closed. I've looked at the eye and there doesn't seem to be any damage and it looks normal (color shape, etc.). The area around her eye looks like it make be a little inflamed, but I think this could be from when the other chickens attacked her.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.