So my update it's day 22 for Brahma's and day 23 for Sex Links. I had 4 sexlinks so far three have hatched one showing no signs, I did the float test and it floated high with only a small amount above the water....no monement though....thinking this one will not hatch but I'll wait another day or two...doesn't smell or anything.
Brahma's day 21 had 2 hatch and one while i was sleeping. Not sure if I should have done this or not but I gave 2 of the eggs to my broody yesterday as she was still sitting on 3 eggs that were 27 days old. I also gave her one of the hatched chicks because she only had one from her hatch. I did it at night and she is taking to him like she hatched him. I had 8 eggs, 3 hatched I have three more with nothing going on yet and her two with nothing going on. One of the hatched ones has been acting funny weak and everytime he tries to move it end up on his back...i don'y think he will make it....there was some blood when he hatched. He hatched about 7pm last night and as of 10:00 today he isn't moving very much.....should I cull him/her or let nature take it's course???
Also I do know that Brahma's mature slower and I noticed that they hatched much slower than the sex links. They took forever from pip to come out. And they didn't even start to pip until day 21 and I still have five with nothing and there were all moving inside the shell at lockdown. I am hopeful that they could still make it
I have another batch to go into lockdown on monday. 7 splash ee's, 10 BCM, and 2 cochin and 2 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks