1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
* No. Had my first chicken when I was a pre-teen. Been keeping them steady for the past 7+years.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
* I have about 16 or so at the moment. One setting a nest of 20ish eggs right now.
(3) What breeds do you have?
* I currently have some Rhode Island Reds, and a mix of Marans (not coo-coo). These are the off spring of ones i purchased several years ago, and are currently a mix. Im not a breeder. I get a good quantity and quality of eggs to eat, and the birds are hearty.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
* google result looking for local guinea keets or eggs
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
* got a bunch of them
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
* animal family: 2 dogs, several cats, 5-6 guineas (need more), and about 16+ chickens...