36 week old pullet still not laying!

junko

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 7, 2014
Rhode Island
I bought a batch of assorted pullets all between 2-3 months of age, at the end of April. All are laying well except for one EE. I estimate she is at least 36 weeks old. They are in a large run with no egg hiding places. We got our first frost last night; is it possible she will not lay until spring? Or never? She does seem to be at the bottom of the pecking order and is pretty skittish. Could this also be contributing?

In my experiences with Easter eggers they generally will start anywhere from 5-8 months in age. It depends on their breeding. This time of year some can be even slower to start, and laying may be sporadic until early spring. Being stressed can contribute to hormonal imbalances.

In my experiences with Easter eggers they generally will start anywhere from 5-8 months in age. It depends on their breeding. This time of year some can be even slower to start, and laying may be sporadic until early spring. Being stressed can contribute to hormonal imbalances.
Wow 8 months-- thank you! My aracaunas laid much earlier so I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with her. I hope she figures it out soon.

Wow 8 months-- thank you! My aracaunas laid much earlier so I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with her. I hope she figures it out soon.
Most of mine were the very first out of a batch to start up, but on occasion one takes a bit longer than the rest.

Back
Top Bottom