Aggression mixing chickens

jsamansk

Chirping
May 24, 2019
Help needed. Trying to add back in three chickens that were attacked by the others but are now healed. I reduced the flock size cuz the aggression and feed was too much. Only two in the main coop right now. In a separate temp area I am holding tower hens 4 years old with a separated holding 3 5 month olds (these were the ones ripped up by fellow chicks). I really need to get them all together cuz it’s just too much with theee separate area and the temp pens are under my carport. I’d like my carport back. The main coop is huge. One of my older hens is flippen mean and even though she has been right next to the theeeshe still outright attacks them when out in the field. I’ve thrown her off of them. About ready to get someone to butcher her. Would putting her in a cage for a day stop this? I need them all together. The separator is not working because as soon as she can reach the other ones outside the temp holding area she rips into them. Anyone?

Help needed. Trying to add back in three chickens that were attacked by the others but are now healed. I reduced the flock size cuz the aggression and feed was too much. Only two in the main coop right now. In a separate temp area I am holding tower hens 4 years old with a separated holding 3 5 month olds (these were the ones ripped up by fellow chicks). I really need to get them all together cuz it’s just too much with theee separate area and the temp pens are under my carport. I’d like my carport back. The main coop is huge. One of my older hens is flippen mean and even though she has been right next to the theeeshe still outright attacks them when out in the field. I’ve thrown her off of them. About ready to get someone to butcher her. Would putting her in a cage for a day stop this? I need them all together. The separator is not working because as soon as she can reach the other ones outside the temp holding area she rips into them. Anyone?

I should say they are all pretty much full grown. So size isn’t the problem. I just need the older hen to stop this nuts aggression behavior.

Back
Top Bottom