Agh...I'm struggling with self-control

They sound like they have a wonderful life. Haha i also am considering adding some more this spring. My little Ravioli needs some friends as she is the outcast in the flock, having integrated from a neighbors after he wanted to cull her for egg eating. But my luck would be I would get some friends for Ravioli and then I would need some more friends for those friends and…on and on 😩

I LOVE hearing when they all get to live out their entire natural lives in a good environment, but I absolutely also understand people using them as a food source once they pass laying age. I myself am a hunter and completely agree with the idea of ethically and responsibly raising and harvesting animals for food. At the very least it’s great to be able to provide animals with a good life before being harvested. Could never do it to our animals, but for many it is a reasonable option.
Oh haha Ravioli (adorable name!) definitely needs some buddies! (Sorry we are all enablers here!).
I agree To Each His Own! I'm actually a vegetarian so I don't eat chickens anyway. But I pass no judgement on chicken/meat eaters at all. Like you said as long as they are treated well during their living years and are killed in a humane way.

Oh haha Ravioli (adorable name!) definitely needs some buddies! (Sorry we are all enablers here!).
I agree To Each His Own! I'm actually a vegetarian so I don't eat chickens anyway. But I pass no judgement on chicken/meat eaters at all. Like you said as long as they are treated well during their living years and are killed in a humane way.
Thank you. Ravioli is my best buddy! It took a while to integrate her into our flock being a lone chicken, but in my eyes it was better to try to give her a long happy life with us than to cull her for eating eggs. She’s never eaten an egg here, so maybe she just needed a change of scenery. We try to do a few vegetarian meals per week, it is a nice switch up, props to you for doing it for a lifetime 😌

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom