Angel Wing Binding- Did I do this right?

NOLA yard birds

Chirping
9 Years
May 4, 2014
Hi all,
I have a Muscovy with angel wings. I watched YouTube videos on how to bind, but I am not sure I did it right!? I can confirm that it is not too tight, as I have been monitoring for the last 3 hours and s/he is happily eating, drinking, napping, walking and of course pooping. The left was starting to droop and the right was splaying out, so I specifically wrapped the right then did a body binding around both. Does the right wing look right? I made sure the outer portion was under the inner portion, but I am not sure that it is on the correct location of the back?? Sigh!!
also, while we are here, anyone wanna guess if Lucky is a male or female? S/he is 6 weeks old and the sweetest, calmest, most affectionate duck I have ever met.

Attachments

• 0E372AA1-4C48-44DA-B38C-33048CDF644E.JPG
    0E372AA1-4C48-44DA-B38C-33048CDF644E.JPG
    573.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 0788B96F-DA01-43B7-852C-9E7315718644.JPG
    0788B96F-DA01-43B7-852C-9E7315718644.JPG
    563.4 KB · Views: 12
  • A6789D5C-43C2-4972-9009-C34097E55931.JPG
    A6789D5C-43C2-4972-9009-C34097E55931.JPG
    400.1 KB · Views: 10
It looks like a job well done.

My guess would be female. If you have others of the same age, the males will already be somewhat bigger and a little bulkier. Since the bird is tame, vent sexing would give the answer. Tame birds are a lot easier to vent sex as they don't fight to get away as much and relax when calmed.

I agree female and it looks like you did an excellent job! I've found that they always have a much better time recovering from angel wing when the individual wing is wrapped and then the wing is wrapped against the entire body to help carry the wing weight exactly how you wrapped it.

My guess would be female. If you have others of the same age, the males will already be somewhat bigger and a little bulkier. Since the bird is tame, vent sexing would give the answer. Tame birds are a lot easier to vent sex as they don't fight to get away as much and relax when calmed.
Thank you so so much for taking time out of your day to respond! I care a lot about her (?😀) and have been stressed all day about this!! I am going to sleep so much better tonight!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to respond!! I have been so stressed!! So excited that you think she is a girl too, I was really hoping she was a girl, but obviously would have loved Lucky Ducky no matter what!

She has duck friends older and younger, but she is the only one from her clutch which has kept me guessing because I am afraid to vent sex.. I’m a big chicken 😉

I agree female and it looks like you did an excellent job! I've found that they always have a much better time recovering from angel wing when the individual wing is wrapped and then the wing is wrapped against the entire body to help carry the wing weight exactly how you wrapped it.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to respond!! I have been so stressed!! So excited that you think she is a girl too, I was really hoping she was a girl, but would have loved her no matter what of course.

Back
Top Bottom