Any idea what this is?

Sparrow Farm

Chirping
Jun 1, 2023
Hi! My husband and I bought a farm that has all sorts of plants. We are fairly new to gardening, so identifying the different plants as they leafed out has been fun. So far, we have identified raspberry canes, a grape vine (the only thing we could identify for sure before leaves developed), blueberry bushes and a cherry tree! In addition to the fruit bushes/trees, the former owners planted various flowering shrubs (sugar bush, gardenia shrub, and many we can’t identify. The attached photos are of a shrub I haven’t been able to identify. Do any of you know what it is? To avoid confusion, the grape vine is growing into the shrub. I also pulled some Virginia Creeper out of it, so there could be some remnants. What has me thrown are the little buds that look like they could be the start of some type of berry (elderberry, perhaps?).

Attachments

• BA42AB61-6949-494B-8FE8-57DBDA5248E5.jpeg
    BA42AB61-6949-494B-8FE8-57DBDA5248E5.jpeg
    690.8 KB · Views: 79
  • F2EB479A-6DD1-4D00-8A0C-574F796E9D6D.jpeg
    F2EB479A-6DD1-4D00-8A0C-574F796E9D6D.jpeg
    525.4 KB · Views: 17
  • D56A26FF-3476-41C0-B789-000729C7DDC1.jpeg
    D56A26FF-3476-41C0-B789-000729C7DDC1.jpeg
    597.9 KB · Views: 16
I cant help you with the ID of this bush,,, since I don't have any as such. There is an APP for smatie phones that identifies all sort of plants. I don't have it,, but my #2DD does. When she visits, I will ask her the name of it. She simply took a snap shot of plant, and out came the info in short order. She Identified some weeds that were growing in my flower garden. That also provided the needed info as to how to control it,,, Not all weeds are very problematic BTW. Some serve as food for wildlife, and birds. :old:love
You may also want to provide your general location. (in your profile, or your post) Not your address,,, but general area. That would also helps giving gardening information, climate wise.

WISHING YOU BEST................................and :welcome

I cant help you with the ID of this bush,,, since I don't have any as such. There is an APP for smatie phones that identifies all sort of plants. I don't have it,, but my #2DD does. When she visits, I will ask her the name of it. She simply took a snap shot of plant, and out came the info in short order. She Identified some weeds that were growing in my flower garden. That also provided the needed info as to how to control it,,, Not all weeds are very problematic BTW. Some serve as food for wildlife, and birds. :old:love
You may also want to provide your general location. (in your profile, or your post) Not your address,,, but general area. That would also helps giving gardening information, climate wise.

WISHING YOU BEST................................and :welcome
Thank you! I will update my profile (I’m in Jackson, Ohio).

Back
Top Bottom