Anyone else have bees in the chicken's feed?

caraldababe

How cool that you are raising bees! Amazing creatures too. Had to second the sparrows thing. Wild birds - sparrows and cardinals mostly are AFTER my chicken's feed -- worse than the bees. Something amazing here too, we are beginning to get Spring flowers. Hopefully an early spring! Hope your bees get plenty to eat.

Hello
new to this forum, I live near Beeville Texas, have noticed honey bees around chickens for the past week. I feed a mixture of crack corn and protien. The chickens dont seem to be bothered, but unsure if the bees will swarmp if distrubed.?

Also have bees in chicken feed! We have three active hives some distance away, but this is first time I've seen them in feed. The neighbors have seen them in guinea feed though.

YES, it's crazy we are at 3500ft. and are using the same feed for our ducks. I spoke to the owner at the feed store, she said shes never heard of such a thing. Last week we had 2 days of rain. the bag was about a 1/4 full so I figured maybe they moved the queen into the bag to start a new hive inside the bag. Yesterday I moved their feeder outside and opened a new bag and just used a bowl for a feeder. I just arrived home and the new bag and the bowl are full of bees. I ordered a small hive starter thinking I could suit up and find the queen and place here in the new hive. It sounds kike that was a big mistake. My next step is to call the bee keeper in the valley and see if he has any ideas for us.
Rich

Back
Top Bottom