Anyone know what a Silverlaced Roo and Isabel Hens mixed would look like? Both Orpingtons.

Rooka_2

Songster
Apr 18, 2021
So I had someone ask me for orpington chicks yesterday. I have a silverlaced roo mixed with Isabel and Silverlaced hens, all pure and all orpingtons. I literally JUST got an Isabel roo yesterday, but he's in quarantine for a month or two yet. She doesnt care what she gets as long as they're orpingtons but she asked me what theyd look like and ive honestly never hatched any because I want to keep my lines pure.
any idea what these turn out like mixed?
(yes he's missing his gorgeous tail feathers, we've been dealing with depluming mites, he got another 5 drops of ivermectin yesterday. If you have any tips I'm all hears, because literally nothing is working, they are literallyonly in my Silverlaced birds)
1000012823.jpg
1000012692.jpg

The chicks should show some pattern of black and silver, although the silver may look yellowish rather than a clean white, and they are likely to have some gold or red leakage as they grow up.

As for what pattern of black and silver, it could look like lacing, or a messy sort-of lacing, or it could be something different.

If the Isabels are laced, then the chicks should be too. But the colors on the Isabels are so pale that I can't decide what kind of pattern they actually have.

The lavender gene is recessive, so the chicks will inherit it but not show any visible effects.

Back
Top Bottom