Anyone use the chicklifts for their chicken tractors?

Chicken Chat

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 19, 2009
Southern Illinois
Next spring I plan to build a chicken tractor. My flock was used to having a 1/2 acre fenced area and lots of free ranging but I had a weasel attack twice this summer and kill half my flock so now everyone has to stay in enclosed runs. I thought a tractor could relieve some boredom and I would get them on fresh grass and let everyone take turns with a change of scenery. I came across chicklifts.com chicken tractor wheels . Has anyone used them? It appears easy to install and operate. It's a little pricey but I just had to replace wheels on my garden cart with flat free ones like this uses and they were around $50 each, so with that in mind the price isn't that bad. I couldn't find any mention of chicklifts in a search. I was just curious if they really are as easy to use as advertised.
1695925716249.jpeg

Last edited:
I have not. I had built wheels to mount in the middle of my tractor so that it would make it easier to move .... all the weight on the wheel. But, my first mounting attempt didn't work so well. I'm brainstorming a new design for next summer.

Last edited:
I haven't even seen OverEZs wheels, $550 is a chunk of change! đź’°đź’°The tractor designs I've looked into looks like require you to lift the tractor up to slide the wheels back on so the bottom could stay snug to the ground for predator protections. My back is not going to be able to handle that for long trying to do it by myself. I've never built a tractor before but I have some wood left from a recent tear down that I saved, so I thought why not do something for the flock.

Has anyone used them?
I don't recall seeing this particular setup used here.
Not sure it would help a ton as you're still dragging the other end.
Even totally up on wheels/tires if the ground is not firm and smooth it not be easy to move,
and if the ground is not flat it may leave gaps that a predator could get thru.

Back
Top Bottom