anyone using/used RCOM APS Pro DIY ?

Kippies

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to build an incubator and searching the interwebs for stuff that might come in handy.
Came across this:
b_180.jpg

It's a thermostat and hygrostat in one with a pump system. You only need to attach a bottle of water, a heater (200Watt max) and set your desired temperature and humidity. It has a digital display and Swiss technology sensors.
For the 99 euro's the store charges (That's 136,50 in USD) it seems like a good deal. If it works the way they promise...

Does anyone here have any experience with it?
What are pro's - con's, how much does it deviate (if that's the correct English word), what are your hatching results? Is it reliable at all?

Hope to hear from you soon :)

I don't have personal experience with this, but my thought is it's expensive. The whole idea of building my own incubator is to save money. At that price I could buy a lower end incubator ready to go.

Kippies, I can understand why you would consider this... building your own and using the high end technology so you'll end up with a superior product. The bottom line, after you do the homework, to see if other users are satisfied with it, is... will you use it enough to make the cash lay out worth your while? My home made incubator cost the price of a couple of light sockets, a used computer fan, and a $17 thermostat. And, I will say that I think it works better than a lot of models that can be bought off the shelf. I have everything on hand to make a "dorm refrigerator" incubator, and expect that the total cash lay out for that will be less than $20. But, I'm asking myself... do I really need to make it? How many eggs will I be hatching?

Kippies, I can understand why you would consider this... building your own and using the high end technology so you'll end up with a superior product. The bottom line, after you do the homework, to see if other users are satisfied with it, is... will you use it enough to make the cash lay out worth your while? My home made incubator cost the price of a couple of light sockets, a used computer fan, and a $17 thermostat. And, I will say that I think it works better than a lot of models that can be bought off the shelf. I have everything on hand to make a "dorm refrigerator" incubator, and expect that the total cash lay out for that will be less than $20. But, I'm asking myself... do I really need to make it? How many eggs will I be hatching?

The other thought is: high end technology is more prone to failure. If yours fails, how difficult will it be to repair/replace it? The only item in my incubator that even remotely comes close to that is the bimetal thermostat, which can be replaced for $17, and I doubt that it is likely to fail... it's just a couple of pieces of metal hinged together.

Back
Top Bottom