Are sebrights a hard or soft feather bantam? My local poultry show does not have a true bantam secti

LyrebirdJacki

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Darwin Australia
I have having difficulties trying to figure out how to put my sebrights into the correct category for my local poultry show. Being a very small scale poultry show, it doesn't even have a section just for sebrights (they do have a pretty detailed section for OEG though including every colour there is....). I tried a quick search and everything comes up that sebrights are in the true bantam section, which we also do not have in the listing.

I'd assume they are hard feathered like OEG? They are not tight looking like the OEG so I am a little worried that they may be light feathered and I will get disqualified. Just my own observation.

Please be gentle with comments. Yes, it does sound like a very stupid question I apologise. Everyone has to learn somewhere and being negative only discourages new young people wanting to get into showing, which isn't good now is it?!

Sebrights don't have quite as hard feathers as Old English Game. However, they aren't loose feathered birds (like Cochins, Brahmas, Orpingtons, etc). I think that you'd be best off entering it as a hard feather bantam.

• They should be a soft feather breed but check with your show secretary. Most hard feather breeds are "game" type fowl.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom