Are these eggs fertile?

KCward

Chirping
Mar 25, 2021
Do these eggs look fertile? It’s been a while since I’ve had a rooster and have seen fertile eggs. We got a rooster about 2 weeks ago, but I have only seen him mate maybe one or two of my hens in the 2 weeks he’s been here. Of course I’m not out there all the time, so hopefully he is doing his job. I’d like to put some eggs in the incubator soon if these are fertile.

Attachments

• 3AE1D74F-B2B7-43B3-B9E4-AF4AAA567BF0.jpeg
    3AE1D74F-B2B7-43B3-B9E4-AF4AAA567BF0.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 62
All eggs are fertile, but not all are fertilized...:) It doesn't look like your eggs are fertilized. To see if one is fertilized, look at the white dot. Fertilized eggs have a dot and a ring around it and unfertilized eggs just have the one white dot. It can take a while for a rooster to mate with new hens and to produce hatchable eggs. Hope that helps! 😃
Here's a picture I got of a fertilized egg-

Attachments

• IMG_20220319_145331453.jpg
    IMG_20220319_145331453.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 42
All eggs are fertile, but not all are fertilized...:) It doesn't look like your eggs are fertilized. To see if one is fertilized, look at the white dot. Fertilized eggs have a dot and a ring around it and unfertilized eggs just have the one white dot. It can take a while for a rooster to mate with new hens and to produce hatchable eggs. Hope that helps! 😃
Here's a picture I got of a fertilized egg-
Thanks! I meant fertilized, sorry! Lol

I cracked one more open and it looks more like your pic, just not as dark of a spot. Does this one look fertilized or still unfertilized?
It is a very light spot, but I do sort of see a ring. You can try incubating an egg to see if they're really fertilized at this point. It's not necessary but it is a reliable way...plus, you get chicks out of the experiment! 😂 💗

It is a very light spot, but I do sort of see a ring. You can try incubating an egg to see if they're really fertilized at this point. It's not necessary but it is a reliable way...plus, you get chicks out of the experiment! 😂 💗
I’m going to go ahead and put a few in the incubator. I don’t think anything will develop, but we shall see in a few days. Thanks! 😊

Back
Top Bottom