Are these Rhode Island Reds Pullets?

Em_

Hatching
Apr 18, 2023
I have two Rhode Island reds that are both turning 7 weeks tommrow and I think one of them may be a Cockrell but I’m not sure as this is my first time raising chicks. Pics 1-2 is the one I think has a slight chance. I have 5 others the same age and that one just acts different and is sounding different almost like they want to start crowing. But the comb size is making me unsure. The other one is making it vary hard to get a photo. Doesn’t really want to say still lol. Any replies are much appreciated. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! :frow

Cockerls of that breed would have bright red combs and wattles by the stated age.

Even pullets will have a pecking order and those that mature faster or slower than the rest.

Technically speaking (for informational purposes only).. they don't become hens or roosters until after a year old. We still call them that casually though when not discussing health or behavior type stuff. :)

ETA: I'm going with pullets, in case that wasn't clear.

I have two Rhode Island reds that are both turning 7 weeks tommrow and I think one of them may be a Cockrell but I’m not sure as this is my first time raising chicks. Pics 1-2 is the one I think has a slight chance. I have 5 others the same age and that one just acts different and is sounding different almost like they want to start crowing. But the comb size is making me unsure. The other one is making it vary hard to get a photo. Doesn’t really want to say still lol. Any replies are much appreciated. :)
I’d like to mention the one in question loves to charge the broom and mop not sure if there just fiesty though lol.

What ended up happening here? Still think they're pullets? I was just looking at my ~7 week old RIR and worrying that the tail feathers were pointy...but they look like the feathers on one of yours.

Back
Top Bottom