Are these worms in my chickens poop?

LindsayDarling

Songster
May 26, 2023
Lake County California
Are these worms? Half my flock are molting what should I use to de-worm? I have fenbendazole but It's my understanding it's not to be used during molt. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20231115_073942.jpg
    20231115_073942.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
I doubt it. Usually, depending on which kind of worms, you'll never see them. Sometimes poop like that happens when they get too hot or aren't eating enough. I would feed your chickens some probiotics to see if that helps. (Like Greek yogurt, fermented seed, Hydro Hen, etc.) It doesn't hurt to worm your chickens to be on the safe side. If you do one, do them all though. Safeguard is the most common dewormer I hear used. Ivermectin too, which might be better for molting chickens.

I doubt it. Usually, depending on which kind of worms, you'll never see them. Sometimes poop like that happens when they get too hot or aren't eating enough. I would feed your chickens some probiotics to see if that helps. (Like Greek yogurt, fermented seed, Hydro Hen, etc.) It doesn't hurt to worm your chickens to be on the safe side. If you do one, do them all though. Safeguard is the most common dewormer I hear used. Ivermectin too, which might be better for molting chickens.
I fed them yogurt today. And I did end up forking over the cash for Valbazan. They had worms in the summer so I might as well de-worm again.

Back
Top Bottom