Avian Leukosis Virus (ALV) clean Legbar source

Interesting... but the mycoplasma did not come from Cackle surely. How many did you purchase? Did they all start laying on time (<30 weeks?). and sorry to hear that you are dealing with this in your flock.
Oh no, definitely not. As far as I can tell it was introduced by two outside legbar hens that exhibited no symptoms despite a lengthy quarantine. They laid very well and were my only breed to continue laying well through the winter and I believe all started before 25 weeks. The eggs are not exceptionally large, but they are a good size and IMO a good blue.

I did get a mix of true cream and more yellow birds, and have some lovely white sports from them, too.

I will also note in my review of Cackle legbars—I started with a large flock of 25 to cull from and had no losses even from my adult flock during the mycoplasma incident after a full year. We only faced problems with the young birds we had hatched that were exposed, which is normal.

Oh no, definitely not. As far as I can tell it was introduced by two outside legbar hens that exhibited no symptoms despite a lengthy quarantine. They laid very well and were my only breed to continue laying well through the winter and I believe all started before 25 weeks. The eggs are not exceptionally large, but they are a good size and IMO a good blue.

I did get a mix of true cream and more yellow birds, and have some lovely white sports from them, too.

I will also note in my review of Cackle legbars—I started with a large flock of 25 to cull from and had no losses even from my adult flock during the mycoplasma incident after a full year. We only faced problems with the young birds we had hatched that were exposed, which is normal.
That is excellent news! I think I will be ordering from them! Their reviews are pretty good with regards to health too. Thanks for your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom