Baby Duck Sick? Is this normal?

Duckies are doing good today.

They're getting really big now, they can even look out of a box we put them in while we clean their cage! They don't look much bigger than from when we got them, but when we look at the pictures, I know we'll see a difference.
They always let us know when something's wrong, too. They woke us up at 1 a.m. because they were out of water.

They were obviously very small when we got them. They couldn't even lay down right! Now they can lay down and even preen themselves a little.

Gotta go!

Thanks for checking up, everyone!

They're getting really big now. Excpet our little Top Knot, he's still the smallest. We're all a little worried, but he seems to be eating fine still. "Black Beak" (we haven't really named them yet) is still really edgy around people. Whenever we pick him up, he sounds like he thinks we're going to eat him! Top Knot lays down almost instantly when you hold him, though.

Haven't taken them out to play in the water since the first time. Now what they do is they splash water out onto the floor and then drink it. They apparently like to have puddles...

We're going to put them out in the garage with my cat, Dancyr soon. They're starting to really stink. We're not sure of how she'll react to little sqwaking things. She is declawed, (and very fat, too) and they're so big now, I don't think she'll want to eat them. She never tries to eat the birds outside, and they ducks are as big as birds. She did try to eat a rabbit, when she was at another house, though. We would sit out on the porch and she'd run frantically back and forth trying to catch it, even though a screen seperated them. That rabbit's crazy, too. I have a rottwieler, and she just stares at it, doesn't even chase it. It's kinda creepy...

See y'all!

We have yet another problem with the ducks! They're losing their feathers!

It's mainly Kupo, our runner duck. He's got some places where he doesn't have any feahters; mainly around his thigh, wing, and a little on his back. Baka, our Pekin, is also losing some of his in the same places, but no so much. Our two "don't know what they are" ducks (Black beak: Bobo; Pink beak: MizuRyuu) are okay, though. We think they're Swedish or something...

Anyway, they're eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom normally. It's just their feathers. It's really cold here right now, so they bundle up together a lot.
And today's the day we're putting them in the garage with Dancyr. Let's hope nothing bad happens!
fl.gif

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the ducks? If you can, thanks a ton (and even if you can't, but tried, too)
wink.png

See y'all!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom