Back in to the hobby

c_soto1990

Crowing
14 Years
May 17, 2009
Chicago,Il
After a few years hiatus I finally got back into keeping. I’m in Chicago and limited on space so I decided to go with and eglu go-up and purchasing OEGB this go around. I purchased a trio at a decent price for the area and am very happy with them. They were not kept in the best conditions. I’m currently dealing with an eye infection in one of the hens after curing another one that came to me that way. The rooster was also infected with scaly leg mites so I have been applying Aquaphor to the legs while Net-Tex arrives from the UK. I’ve also been supplying probiotics in their water along with VetRx to the ill hen, she has been producing discharge in one eye so I’m hoping to get rid of that. Nonetheless, I am happy to have them and hope to get them in tiptop shape quick.

Attachments

• IMG_5849.png
    IMG_5849.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5851.jpeg
    IMG_5851.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5846.jpeg
    IMG_5846.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Beautiful birds! ❤ Make sure nothing can dig under the run area, you might want to bury some railroad ties level with the ground and mount this on the ties. It will make it more stable as well as keep things from digging under. Enjoy your new birds!

Beautiful birds! ❤ Make sure nothing can dig under the run area, you might want to bury some railroad ties level with the ground and mount this on the ties. It will make it more stable as well as keep things from digging under. Enjoy your new birds!
Thank you, although it is not very visible, I do have the run skirts that flare out to aid in tunneling. I do have a doggie door, so my dogs are in and out all day. The only real predators I have are rats that come out at night so I am sure to lock the coop once they call it a day.

Thank you, although it is not very visible, I do have the run skirts that flare out to aid in tunneling. I do have a doggie door, so my dogs are in and out all day. The only real predators I have are rats that come out at night so I am sure to lock the coop once they call it a day.
That's good that there are some run skirts on this. Rats are horrible predators, most people think of skunks, hawks or coons when they they think of killing machines, however rats can do horrible damage to a flock, killing chicks and small birds. Enjoy your flock! :)

Back
Top Bottom