Bald areas.. Normal or not?

GmaRoxy

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2023
I have 7, 6 will old ISA brown pullets. I've had them since they were 2 days old. They have most of their feathers in, but I've notice some balding under their wings, on their torso. They do scratch occasionally. I've handled them daily to clean their crate ( transferring from one to the other while cleaning) , and I talk to them, and pet them. I'm very nervous handling them as they want to be go, and try to flap wings... So I'm unable to look for mites, blood etc. They look healthy otherwise. There are also other areas on a couple that have bald spots. I don't know if they will be bald in these areas until all new feathers come in, or if there's something wrong. They had puppy pads in bottom of the crate when they were little, now I use tractor supply pine shavings. I use organic, non GMO feed from tractor supply as well. Any input? Thank you in advance :confused:

It is probably just feathers not having all grown in yet, but you can post some pictures if you like. Some of my chicks had some bare spots as they were growing at that age.
I will try to get some pics tomorrow. Thank you for response 😊

Back
Top Bottom