Best methods to keep dogs from digging under fence?

Shameful. The dogs would have to be injured pretty severely and probably multiple times for them to stay away from those nails.
Good...
Gross. Take that energy you put into coming up with booby traps that injure animals into simply securing your own flock or don't free range.
Wait, isn't it the job, infact law, of the dog owner to keep them under control? Why should I have to keep my livestock locked up in a coop, inside my fenced in area when the owner of the dog is breaking the law...

I had really let the beds on the perimeter of my yard go to weeds. My girls knocked them down last Fall and winter. So, now they have dust baths only in those area my yard is as green as ever. They treat the yard great.

Attachments

• 288885302_282216537423673_9093768192900574474_n (1).jpg
    288885302_282216537423673_9093768192900574474_n (1).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5
Shameful. The dogs would have to be injured pretty severely and probably multiple times for them to stay away from those nails.
Your opinion. My livestock supports my family. It is my money, my time and my food that is taken in minutes by someone else's irresponsibility..not securing or containing their animals. Mother nature is relentless. Animals, wild or domestic, not injured will return again and again to eat maim or kill. I would rather have them "learn" my food is not worth it...then trap or kill an animal trying to support ITs family like I am mine..And for the dogs injured? THEIR owners should be more responsible.

Gross. Take that energy you put into coming up with booby traps that injure animals into simply securing your own flock or don't free range.
Megbar13 I have to wonder if you have never experienced losing an animal to an attack or worse finding one still alive have eaten. Perhaps you shop at Walmart or Aldi's or any number of grocery stores for your food..Great that you have that luxury. Some of us don't. These animals give their lives to support and feed our families.. Livestock producers don't hate animals..to the contrary most love them and go to great lengths to care AND protect them.
However they are our responsibility and the cost is astronomical ..and getting higher everyday. Not only monetarily but physically and emotionally. Whatever measures, we, as a group, can take to protect them is not only necessary but imperative.

Thanks to everyone who replied. We went with a predator apron and cinderblocks under the ground, with some pikes that stretch further into the ground than the blocks. This should keep the dogs out of our yard for good.

Back
Top Bottom