Best type of winter waterer

I live in NH, and it absolutely freezes ALOT here. 1 of my wagerers is 5 gallon bucket, with a 125 watt heater and it has 5 horizontal nipples that have never once frozen. In years! I've had plenty of regular cups and automatic cups freeze a little, but none of my nipples. If they start icing up, they chickens fix that as soon as they hit it for water. If you have a bucket and heater, nipples are the only way to go!
...can I ask, what 125 w heater you are using, in a bucket?

I’d love to know if that would be something I could make work - but I’m just not sure what type of heater you are referring to

...can I ask, what 125 w heater you are using, in a bucket?

I’d love to know if that would be something I could make work - but I’m just not sure what type of heater you are referring to
I just bought a new deicer. The red one I have now. The other I used for the first 6 years. It was getting nasty looking. It worked, but where it is in water, I decided it was time for a new one. I notice both of these are 250 watts. I am in SE Mass. We get some days below 0 F. More normal cold temps are 0-20F. The nipples keep the girls with a fresh supply of water.

Attachments

• bucketnew.JPG
    bucketnew.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 7
  • bucketold.JPG
    bucketold.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom