Bleeding duck problem

amanda_rimo

Songster
Jun 21, 2023
Hey everyone, what do you do when you find your duck bleeding? From say a feather or you can’t find the exact spot? We have a powder to stop the bleeding, but is there a spray that does the same effect to stop the bleeding? Sometimes the powder doesn’t stay great. Right now our Pekins tail feather broke or something. Not sure how that happened. We have a camera to watch them and I can’t see when it happened. She was fine on the camera and then her tail was red. Can the feathers break in the cold? It’s not extremely cold but they hang out by the front of the kennel where there is no tarp covering the front panel. Just wondering what everyone does for situations like this bc whenever it happens I panic and don’t know the right way the tend to it. Thank you for reading this and answering if possible

Hey everyone, what do you do when you find your duck bleeding? From say a feather or you can’t find the exact spot? We have a powder to stop the bleeding, but is there a spray that does the same effect to stop the bleeding? Sometimes the powder doesn’t stay great. Right now our Pekins tail feather broke or something. Not sure how that happened. We have a camera to watch them and I can’t see when it happened. She was fine on the camera and then her tail was red. Can the feathers break in the cold? It’s not extremely cold but they hang out by the front of the kennel where there is no tarp covering the front panel. Just wondering what everyone does for situations like this bc whenever it happens I panic and don’t know the right way the tend to it. Thank you for reading this and answering if possible
The feathers can break any time. She should get over it. I have had a chicken with the same problem, and she was fine after a few days

I use this stuff, it works great. I found it at Walmart
Screenshot_20240109_172158_Samsung Internet.jpg

I used to use cornstarch but this works much better.

Just saw the question about feathers breaking, they break very easily if they get ice on them and freeze. My ducks get ice clumps frozen on their feathers occasionally and it can break the feathers right off. Sometimes they even try to pull the ice off themselves and can break feathers doing that.

Back
Top Bottom