blue coat on meaties?

kywilber

Songster
10 Years
Oct 8, 2009
Lewisburg, Ky.
just wondering if it is ok to put bluecoat on meaties. I heard it says you can't put it on something if you are going to eat it. Going to pick some up when tsc opens up. I have one meatie with a red spot the others are starting to peck and want to stop it as soon as possable

thank you

kywilber

Quote:
You can put Vick's or Bag Balm on it, they don't like either one. Just smear on a big gob. It sticks to their beaks, and it's hard for them to wipe it off, so they avoid it after the first taste.

was worried about it so i already webt to town and bought some blue coat. I will band her before the blue wears off. I will see if i can look more into it to see if they are ok for thier eggs or meant or nothing. I know on alot of the meds you just cant do anything for 45 days.

BluKote isn't going to hurt anything. I used to use it on my dairy animals' udders all the time and I use it on my chickens now.

If it were bad for humans I'd be showing some ill effects by now
lol.png

I always get to wear it whenever the animals do!

I swear the dog is still taking it out on me for turning her tail blue! That's ok, I could still be holding a grudge for the blue paw print on my hardwood floor too...
lol.png

Quote:
It isn't approved because no one wants to spend the thousands and thousands of dollars necessary to gain FDA approval for use on food animals, not because it isn't safe.

Quote:
It isn't approved because no one wants to spend the thousands and thousands of dollars necessary to gain FDA approval for use on food animals, not because it isn't safe.

Yeah that.

I mean I wouldn't eat the stuff straight, might even cut off the purple-dyed skin,

but I would use it on my own skin.
I don't think it ruins the entire animal just because it was used on an injured spot.

It's not exactly comperable to whole-body-system antibiotics or dewormers.

Back
Top Bottom