They are very pretty but they look closer to lemon blue than blue light brown to me. I wonder what breeds/varieties were used in the crosses that produced these.
Privett supplies them. A couple years ago they had a very short run of "blue leghorns". I don't think they sold them for more then a couple months.
I saw some and they had white shanks and a couple had some leakage.
I suspect they went the same route I did and used Andalusians.
When their blue breasted browns were released someone there told me they used the blues they had and crossed them with brown leghorns.

They are very pretty but they look closer to lemon blue than blue light brown to me.
I see what you mean. Especially with the first one.
Here's a close up of one of my pullets from last year. I was showing off the hackle area but you can see more color in her body then just blue.
20221128_101103.jpg

That looks like blue light brown to me, with the salmon breast. Very nice looking bird, Moonshiner.
Here's a blue on silver duckwing. I keep going back and forth which I like better.
I figured these would be like a cleaner look. Simple and less color but idk I find them striking in their own right.
20221128_093715.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a blue on silver duckwing. I keep going back and forth which I like better.
I figured these would be like a cleaner look. Simple and less color but idk I find the. striking in their own right.
View attachment 3648310
Wow, that is really beautiful coloring. I like both but the blue silver duck wing has my vote. I know this color exists in game bantams but it's really striking in a Leghorn.

Back
Top Bottom