Both feet are injured on my Orpington

Footpad dermatitis can be on the footpads and toe pads. Is that dirt on the toe pads? That can happen when bedding is damp and full of droppings, or when standing in med. Poop can be very irritating to skin. Feel of your roosts to see if they are smooth or rough. Some put carpet or towels on roosts if they are rough. I have rocky soil, and my hens used to get some bumble foot due to that.
Yeah that’s a bit of clay of his toes. I seen the video you attached thank you. If il treating it like bumblefoot, my best approach would just be new bandages every 2-3 days and an Epsom bath??

That would be a good treatment with the sugar and Betadine, or the Prid. There are many ways to treat bumblefoot, and this is not that bad yet.
Sorry I’m asking so many questions. Just want to get it right. After the Epsom bath, I put sugar and Betadine on the feet and bandage?

The sugar and Betadine can be used separately without the Epsom salt soak. But if you have already done the soak, that is fine. To make the sugardine mixture, take a few tsp of sugar, and add a few drops of Betadine to make a paste thick as peanut butter. Put that on a pad, and wrap the foot with strips of vet wrap or cohesive tape. Change it every 2-3 days. Here is an article about sugardine:
https://www.americanfarriers.com/ar...-mess-that-works-when-treating-wound-injuries

Back
Top Bottom