Brinsea EcoGlow Safe for Duckling Brooder?

patrickftobin

Chirping
Jul 7, 2022
Hi there, I have 5 Rouen ducklings, a little over a week old. I have been gradually adjusting the heat lamp to manage the temperature but read that between 7-14 days to switch to another heat source so the ducklings can get used to lower light.

I found the Brinsea EcoGlow which came highly recommended for both chicks and ducks. However I’m concerned about it maybe getting splashed by the ducklings as they do make a mess, especially as they are getting bigger and playing in their drinking water. I don’t want to cause any electrical shocks!

Is the Brinsea EcoGlow safe for duckling brooders? It is advertised as such but wondered if anyone had experience. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Hi there, I have 5 Rouen ducklings, a little over a week old. I have been gradually adjusting the heat lamp to manage the temperature but read that between 7-14 days to switch to another heat source so the ducklings can get used to lower light.

I found the Brinsea EcoGlow which came highly recommended for both chicks and ducks. However I’m concerned about it maybe getting splashed by the ducklings as they do make a mess, especially as they are getting bigger and playing in their drinking water.

Is the Brinsea EcoGlow safe for duckling brooders? It is advertised as such but wondered if anyone had experience. Thank you so much!
Welcome to BYC! We have two Brinsea EcoGlows that we haved used for brooding Call Ducks, Muscovy ducks, mixed-breed ducks, peachicks, & turkey poults.

Back
Top Bottom