Brooder plate protection

TRALALARA1

Songster
Mar 3, 2022
Oklahoma
I know I’ve seen this mentioned on here before but I have a question about covering your brooder plate in plastic wrap. Does that work? How do you do it? Do you wrap all surfaces or just the top? I used a brooder plate for the first time on last Easter’s hatch and it worked great. But it was definitely a mess to clean up after the kids moved outside to their pen. I’m really wanting to try it this year. I’m at 18 days today and preparing to take my turner out and get them lockdowned. I’ve just set up the pack and play and will be setting up the brooder plate too. Any tips or suggestions?
Thanks!

It's a MHP, not a plate but same..... Press n Seal. This towel I wrapped in Press n Seal to drape over the top for ease of cleaning. You can apply Press n Seal directly to top of the plate.
IMG_1381.JPG

Last edited:
Covering just the top worked well for me.
I agree, I would not cover the heat side, just the top. Some people have used contact paper but say that Press and Seal is better than contact paper. Adheres and removes easily. Cardboard is a great idea, I'm going to try that next year. I've also just used rags with bungees when they're really tiny.

Back
Top Bottom