Broody but still laying eggs!

I'm guessing she wasn't broody.
Sometimes they just spend more time in the nest before and after actually laying.

My go-to signs of a broody:
Is she on nest most the day and all night?
When you pull her out of nest and put her on the ground, does she flatten right back out into a fluffy screeching pancake?
Does she walk around making a low cluckcluckcluckcluckcluck(ticking bomb) sound on her way back to the nest?

If so, then she is probably broody and you'll have to decide how to manage it.

I'm guessing she wasn't broody.
Sometimes they just spend more time in the nest before and after actually laying.

My go-to signs of a broody:
Is she on nest most the day and all night?
When you pull her out of nest and put her on the ground, does she flatten right back out into a fluffy screeching pancake?
Does she walk around making a low cluckcluckcluckcluckcluck(ticking bomb) sound on her way back to the nest?

If so, then she is probably broody and you'll have to decide how to manage it.

She doesn’t flatten back out - but she does screech at us and then angrily clucks CONSTANTLY around the nest after I’ve removed the eggs. All her chest feathers are gone as well and the first day she was on the nest a long time warming the eggs and angry when I moved her. We have been removing the eggs asap so she can’t sit on any but she keeps trying to go in the nest and lay down but then will get back up after a few minutes since there are no eggs in there.

She doesn’t flatten back out - but she does screech at us and then angrily clucks CONSTANTLY around the nest after I’ve removed the eggs. All her chest feathers are gone as well and the first day she was on the nest a long time warming the eggs and angry when I moved her. We have been removing the eggs asap so she can’t sit on any but she keeps trying to go in the nest and lay down but then will get back up after a few minutes since there are no eggs in there.
It definitely sounds like she's broody.

Back
Top Bottom