Buff orp chick male or female?

PJinx

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2024
Hello, everybody.My fiancé and I have recently purchased some baby chicks from tractor supply.We got three buff orpingtons and three black alstropes. When we got them we were told that they were sexed pullets, But I do know that sexing is not always a hundred percent. As they've grown, we've had them about a week, but we think that they might have already been older than a couple days.When we purchased them as they were the last chicks in the bin and it was the only bin full of chicks. 5 of our 6 chicks already have tail feathers and their wings are getting more filled with feathers. But this particular one that I think might be a rooster doesn't have full feathers yet. Nor does it have a tail, but all of them are starting to grow a little comb. And this one is starting to grow. It's comb, but everything else is still not that of all the others. I guess i've kind of come to the conclusion that I either have one rooster and five hens or I have five Roosters and one hen. Lol i have posted photos of the chick i think may be a male any help is appreciated. Thank you.
1000005984.jpg
1000005983.jpg
1000005985.jpg

This time is far too early for you to be able to sex them. Update us when they turn six weeks old. Also, you cannot sex a chicken by their wing feathers unless they are specifically bred for that, and no birds coming from Hoover's Hatchery will be bred for wing-sexing.

Back
Top Bottom