BYC mobile app crashing on Android

BReeder!

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Plainfield, IL
My Coop
My Coop
I have used the BYC mobile app for several years now. The past few months has been terrible though. The mobile app constantly crashes. I have always used it on Android devices and had no problems before, even with this device. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S9 and have had it for some time.

Anybody else have problems with the app crashing?
Is this being worked on?
Are there recommended actions I can take to prevent the app from crashing?

I have used the BYC mobile app for several years now. The past few months has been terrible though. The mobile app constantly crashes. I have always used it on Android devices and had no problems before, even with this device. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S9 and have had it for some time.

Is this being worked on?
Yes I have been using it past week and it crashes a lot. And now it's blank when I try to open the app. I gave up and used my laptop instead

Yes I have been using it past week and it crashes a lot. And now it's blank when I try to open the app. I gave up and used my laptop instead
Check out the response I for above from @casportpony. The first part in three thread she linked is a fox. There's another version of the app apparently downloaded right from the BYC website rather than the app store. I just installed it in a few seconds and it's working perfectly. Problem solved.

Is this being worked on?
I have the Samsung gal s7 device and have site crash twice in the last 3 days. I chalked it up to the older device not capable of getting advanced tech upgrades...? That's what my tech-inclined son tells me anyway, so not sure. Anyone with a newer android device having issues?

Is this being worked on?
Constantly crashing....Hey, I think this may work...Uninstall the app. Then...do Not reinstall through Playstore. Instead, go to the site, www.backyardchickens.com, and you'll find an option to download app from there...I just did it & it is working! Even the app icon looks different. Mine was crashing so bad the last 2 mos, now since I did this, it hasn't crashed. Finally! Ok, hope this helps everyone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom