Can anyone identify this chick?

Emrosenagel

Chirping
Oct 2, 2020
Hello!

I got some fertalized eggs for my bantam Cochin to hatch when she went broody. I was told they were serama and bantam Cochin eggs, but out of the 3 that hatched, one doesn’t look like either breed. I clearly have 1 serama and 1 Cochin, but my third chick isn’t falling into either category. Can anyone help identify what it is?

The little yellow one is my serama, the black and white one is the Cochin, and the big gray one is my mystery chick. I thought maybe it was a Cochin, but it has no feathered feet!

PS they are 3 2/3 weeks old!

Attachments

• IMG_6642.jpeg
    IMG_6642.jpeg
    787 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6643.jpeg
    IMG_6643.jpeg
    842.9 KB · Views: 25
Probably some kind of mixed breed. It has white skin, unlike the other two. Maybe an old English game bantam or cross of that breed. Could even be a blue Australorp or olive egger cross. Might be easier to tell when it is older. The little Serama is especially cute.

Probably some kind of mixed breed. It has white skin, unlike the other two. Maybe an old English game bantam or cross of that breed. Could even be a blue Australorp or olive egger cross. Might be easier to tell when it is older. The little Serama is especially cute.
I guess I just gotta wait and find out! It’s just strange because the person I got the egg from said she only had Cochins and serama. Guess it could be a mix of the two? And yes, my little Angel serama is such a cutie! Thanks for the input :)

I guess I just gotta wait and find out! It’s just strange because the person I got the egg from said she only had Cochins and serama. Guess it could be a mix of the two? And yes, my little Angel serama is such a cutie! Thanks for the input :)
I don't think it's a mix of the two because of its skin color, noticeable on the feet. Two yellow skinned breeds are not going to create a white skinned chick. That's my take, anyway. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom