Can anyone tell?

Samanthaoliv

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2023
I’m a newbie in the chicken world, but we bought this baby from one of our local feed bins this is Nyx and the guy who sold her to us was unsure of the breed but I am thinking either a Ameraucana or EE? Hoping someone with more experience would know lol also is it still too early to tell between rooster or hen? She is definitely our little bully always trying to pick fights with the others, but I feel like by looks so far I’m leaning towards hen. Anyways if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. Also I don’t mind if she ends up being a rooster I’m just curious lol

Attachments

• IMG_2203.jpeg
    IMG_2203.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2200.jpeg
    IMG_2200.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2151.png
    IMG_2151.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
I would lean Cockerel on this one, but I have mixed feelings about it. Coloration does say Cockerel, but I'm so accustomed to the red/rust patches and pointed saddle feathers giving the birds sex away. I want to be better knowledged. What gives this specific EE away as being a definite Cockerel?
Would it be the comb that gives it away? I’m curious also.

Hopefully you wanted at least one cockerel!

Black and white EE cockerels/roosters tend to be some of the best looking roosters out there. Post a pic of him in six months/a year and watch the praise heap on!

Plus genetically you can have some really interesting offspring with him in charge of the flock.

Good luck with him- hopefully he stays kind to humans.

Hopefully you wanted at least one cockerel!

Black and white EE cockerels/roosters tend to be some of the best looking roosters out there. Post a pic of him in six months/a year and watch the praise heap on!

Plus genetically you can have some really interesting offspring with him in charge of the flock.

Good luck with him- hopefully he stays kind to humans.
I wasn’t opposed to the idea and knew the risk buying from the feed bin, but was kinda was hoping it wasn’t going to be one of our 2 EE’s because I was excited to add the egg color to the mix but deep down had a feeling he was going to be. Definitely excited to see the changes and how he does, hoping he is a nice one 🙏

Back
Top Bottom