can i give a duck chicken food?

alicedaveney

Chirping
Jan 26, 2022
ok so here’s the issue…

so basically i have a flock of chickens and recently a singular duck (now named jaqueenie) showed up out of nowhere. i’ve just been giving it chicken food as a short term feed as that’s all i have on hand.

i only have one coop and don’t want to build another just for the duck because then i either have to get more ducky friends or leave poor jaqueenie by herself.

so the question is can i just leave jaqueenie in with the chickens and have her eating the same food?

i’ve been doing some research and i’ve found that i don’t think swapping out the chickens food for duck food is an option because of calcium requirements.

please help me and jaqueenie

I would offer them both in two different bowls. Chickens often known what food fits best for them. I don't know about ducks.

My chickens have as long as its winter both layer and chick feed. My flock is with 3 real oldies who have a very long winter break and 3 seniors who have a winter break now too. So the calcium level in layer feed is too high now. They eat from both feeders about evenly.

ok so here’s the issue…

so basically i have a flock of chickens and recently a singular duck (now named jaqueenie) showed up out of nowhere. i’ve just been giving it chicken food as a short term feed as that’s all i have on hand.

i only have one coop and don’t want to build another just for the duck because then i either have to get more ducky friends or leave poor jaqueenie by herself.

so the question is can i just leave jaqueenie in with the chickens and have her eating the same food?

i’ve been doing some research and i’ve found that i don’t think swapping out the chickens food for duck food is an option because of calcium requirements.

please help me and jaqueenie
Mine also get layer pellets and crumbles that are made for chickens but they do just fine with them.

Back
Top Bottom