Can someone help me with sexing and colours please?

The hen might be falb fee, but I can't really see her feather colour from the front.

The one with dark feet is tibetan.

Falb fee adult hen
Oh wow that's stunning, I don't know if the second set of pics are of any use. I have numbered them to match the numbers on the top pics too. One even looks like it has a sparkly head. I thought it was sawdust but it wasn't haha

1 - hen
2 - not feather sexable
3 - roo
4 - not feather sexable
5 - not feather sexable
6 - not feather sexable
7 - not feather sexable
8 - not feather sexable

For the ones that aren't feather sexable you will need to wait until they're at least six weeks old to vent sex, or you can wait to see if you get eggs or crows.
Hi so looking today it seems the first pictured quail whom looked like a hen is developing a rusty chest. Would this indicate that she is in fact a he? Or is it just her colours. Thankyou

Attachments

• 20231126_140617.jpg
    20231126_140617.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi so looking today it seems the first pictured quail whom looked like a hen is developing a rusty chest. Would this indicate that she is in fact a he? Or is it just her colours. Thankyou
Keep watching. It could be a male after all. Three weeks is usually a good age to sex them, but I have seen some spotted chests turn red between 3-5 weeks.

Going by the first pic:
1 - pharaoh
2 - rosetta
3 - white pied
4 - not sure, but pied (tuxedo is a type of pied)
5 - not sure, but possibly tibetan. Does it have dark feet?
6 - rosetta tuxedo
7 - pharaoh
Isn't there a silver in there? I'm pretty sure 2 is one. I have a bird that looked exactly like that and you said she was a silver.
You're the expert though, ignore me if I'm being stupid:p

Isn't there a silver in there? I'm pretty sure 2 is one. I have a bird that looked exactly like that and you said she was a silver.
You're the expert though, ignore me if I'm being stupid:p
This picture looks rather brown. Unfortunately, lighting can make a big difference in how a colour looks. I'm not really an expert in colours, I just know a few.

Keep watching. It could be a male after all. Three weeks is usually a good age to sex them, but I have seen some spotted chests turn red between 3-5 weeks.
Hiya I've been keeping an eye and now both myself and a breeder are really stumped. This really looked like a female? He/she is 5 weeks tomorrow

Attachments

• 20231205_175525.jpg
    20231205_175525.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 6
Hiya I've been keeping an eye and now both myself and a breeder are really stumped. This really looked like a female? He/she is 5 weeks tomorrow
Sometimes you get roos who start off looking like hens. I'd give it a week and see what that chest looks like once the bird is done molting - but the rusty chest and cheek make me think this is a young roo.

If you're still stumped, just keep an eye out for male-specific behavior, like crowing. There's always the chance that a bird turns nasty and scalps another bird out of nowhere, but usually there's signs of issues long before you get to that point.

Back
Top Bottom