Can you have two or more male Bob White's together??

kellyn

Songster
8 Years
Nov 17, 2011
bunnell, Florida
Hi, my grandmother has a few(trio) of bob whites and wants to purchase some more. She asked me if I could look up if you can add another, unrelated male to the cage. I said I don't know and that i'd check.

I think it's alright if they're raised together(like roosters) but with an unrelated, likely dominant male, I clearly don't know. I've never had them and haven't had a chance to study their personalities and know their antics, whether they be agressive or not.

Coturnix , I know, are typically VERY gentle and I have mine in a colony. Buttons, I know, are VERY terrotorial and get agressive and with my large cage, I have to seperate or give away the abused males. Bobwhites? I simply don't know.

Does anyone know? If I can get a quick answere, THAAANK YOUUUU!

Hi, my grandmother has a few(trio) of bob whites and wants to purchase some more. She asked me if I could look up if you can add another, unrelated male to the cage. I said I don't know and that i'd check.
I think it's alright if they're raised together(like roosters) but with an unrelated, likely dominant male, I clearly don't know. I've never had them and haven't had a chance to study their personalities and know their antics, whether they be agressive or not.
Coturnix , I know, are typically VERY gentle and I have mine in a colony. Buttons, I know, are VERY terrotorial and get agressive and with my large cage, I have to seperate or give away the abused males. Bobwhites? I simply don't know.
Does anyone know? If I can get a quick answere, THAAANK YOUUUU!
My exp. not much problem if ...There ain't no girl to fight over...cva34

Welll, she's gonna but som more girls too. So there is a problem with males like that.

But it's her poblem, not mine. She actually asked for my 'internet' assistance. Well, there's a first for everything! Guess she got tired of messing up.

Thank you! I'll have to tell her. Her cage is pretty big, and quail hang out in flocks, I think, so just one xtra male should be fine. I think.

It all depends on how large their pen is. During breeding season you will be asking for a TON of fighting by adding a male to the mix. If you do not have adequate space blood may spill.

I have found that during breeding season, spring thru fall, my pairs all need to be separated to prevent fighting. The females can be a bad as the boys.

Back
Top Bottom