Candling black swan eggs???

Three Cedars Silkies

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Gainesville, Fl.
So...this evening would be 6 days that the 5 black swan eggs will have been in the incubator.

Does anyone have a clue when to expect to see veining in the eggs? I can usually see it by the 4th day in my chickens.

I didn't get any replies when I originally posted this. The eggs are now on day 13. When do you think I might be able to see veins or an embryo. The shell is so thick that it's difficult to tell anything. The light shines through pretty well, but I just see the huge yolk. It does seem to be getting a bit darker...just can't really tell.

I would say give them a few more days as their incubation period is double a chicken's, give them up to 20 days before chucking the clears.

You might never see anything unless you have a super high lumen candler. Unless they (the eggs) go stinky on you i wouldnt throw them out . You just never know . THose eggs are way to precious. Its not like some run of the mill chicken egg.

Last edited:
OK...thanks for your input. I'll keep them in the full 40 days or so unless they get stinky. I've been able to Google that they incubate at the same temp. as chicken eggs...but I can't find out anything about humidity during incubation. Does anyone have a clue?

Back
Top Bottom