Cats and calls: the reason kittens and ducklings are a good mix

BackyardKittens

Chirping
Oct 25, 2022
A few years ago I got some ducklings from a wilco, they were on sale and I wanted to earn some money by selling duck eggs. I was 6 or something and back then we lived at a ranch with a giant chicken coop and a pond. The ducks loved it and we all got different areas at the ranch. My dad raised buff orphingtons and my mother had a greenhouse with some lovely mixed roses in them! my brother trained a dog to do tricks so I thought one day, "why don't I do ducks!" so I decided to get a few ducks. Then my mother found a tiny kitten in a bush (That kitten was the one and only marley!) she was very thin so we gave her some goat milk and she seemed happy. We decided to let her in the duck coop as she was just starting to open her eyes. Every day we fed her milk and gave her a heated blanket. when she started walking she decided to go on over to the ducks. We just had some ducklings and marley who opened her eyes with our old call duck (Silk, 2004-2020) so she thinks she's a duck at that point. Her and our duckling Ricky both were rescues so they were both pretty good with eachother. I saw ricky swimming and then marley jumped in too! they were inseperable until ricky found a mate and marley settled into our new house in the suburbs. they still play with eachother to this day. we had to rehome marley when we found out my little brother had severe cat allergies so now someone has marley thats not us.
bd42d226-3128-4428-a4a0-11d9c04a37b1.png

Back
Top Bottom