allforthemhens

Hatching
Apr 28, 2023
Hi! Any idea on what could be going on with my 5 week old EE? The other 5 look fine. This one’s neck looks scabby and is missing feathers. No signs of illness. No bleeding, even though it looks scabby. We check them over every single night and this is a new development that I noticed today. (Obviously I know it’s been going on longer than today) Don’t know how I’ve missed it. Are the other chicks pecking at it? Runt of the 6 we hatched. This one was very weak for 2 days after hatching and then seemed okay, but isn’t growing as fast as the others.
7F12B1F7-4F87-4C73-8668-34AFDAF89614.jpeg

Attachments

• 4A1B10DC-C14F-4BF9-A431-06E20439C4DF.jpeg
    4A1B10DC-C14F-4BF9-A431-06E20439C4DF.jpeg
    729.5 KB · Views: 2
You could try some BluKote spray on the bare spot, but it can be staining to your hands and clothes. I have had good luck with it, but some have said it causes more pecking. There also is pine tar ointment, Nustock cream, Vicks, or just vaseline to prevent pecking. Do they have plenty of room?

You could try some BluKote spray on the bare spot, but it can be staining to your hands and clothes. I have had good luck with it, but some have said it causes more pecking. There also is pine tar ointment, Nustock cream, Vicks, or just vaseline to prevent pecking. Do they have plenty of room?
I have used pine tar on chickens that were being pecked. The bully enjoyed the flavor and ate that off🤦‍♀️ Supposed to work good though

Back
Top Bottom