Chicken moral question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea where my previous post went, is this a forum that deletes stuff if they don't like it?

If it breaks the rules, yes. Posts can be deleted and warnings or violation notices are sent out. Post that quote a deleted post are also deleted.
Review the BYC Terms of Service here: Privacy/TOS

As I had typed earlier (and no idea, again, why it was deleted) but, I think a good solution would be to either build a chicken tractor for the woman, or make it a neighborly project to build one together. That way she can keep them contained and they still would get fresh greens and bugs.

Your post was deleted by the moderation team.
BYC Moderation Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
there are ways to bait with out it looking as if you baited the area for ex some ppl have a 50 gal. drum with a hen staked near it and theres no pin this is easier prey for anything wanting to kill a chicken many ppl here use this method to lure in a problem predictor.... and you're right about not all dogs running loose are the guilty dog i always catch them in the act before i kill them and as far as residential areas get a strong BB gun or good sling shot nether will kill but they will hurt them and hopefully teach them a lesson

Why on earth would you bait a dog to your house? The dog isn't coming to the OP's house, the dog is killing chickens at the neighbor's house. Why would you go all vigilante on an animal that isn't coming to your house in the first place? It simply isn't your freaking business. Maybe that dog would never have come to your property if they didn't smell your bait.

I have experience with people who like to bait things. I have a neighbor that decided to bait for coyote. He put out ground beef laced with rat poison. Well, he caught my normally-homebody dog, that crossed the property line when she smelled the meat. She was a wonderful pet, a winner of obedience trials, non-aggressive towards any other animal and would let baby chicks wander under her body, and a best friend to my son. By the time she made it home, she was in convulsions. $700 worth of emergency vet services later, she was dead. My son still cries about her, three years later. And so do I.

People who draw animals to their yard in order to kill them are the lowest of the low. It isn't your place to decide that the dog dies so someone else's chickens on someone else's property live.

Last edited:
I have no idea where my previous post went, is this a forum that deletes stuff if they don't like it?

As I had typed earlier (and no idea, again, why it was deleted) but, I think a good solution would be to either build a chicken tractor for the woman, or make it a neighborly project to build one together. That way she can keep them contained and they still would get fresh greens and bugs.
Oh, to be blunt, she could mind her own business.

I don't understand why so many posters are out to kill the dog. If the owner of the chickens had a decent pen this would not be an issue. Killing the poor dog isn't going to solve anything. If the pen isn't strong enough to protect the chickens from that dog it is not strong enough to protect them from any other predator. Put the blame for the lost chickens where it belongs; on the owner not the dogs. You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom