CHICKEN NAMES AND NAMING THREAD!!!!

RoosterAddict99

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 23, 2012
I'm sure everyone who's had chickens has named at least some of them! In this thread, share the names you've used and let's create some funky new ones! How many can we all come up with....To start, here are a few I've used or invented: Gypsy, Tucker, Israel, Bear, Franchesca, Elowell (LOL), Maxomillion, Dragon, Peanut Butter, Madame...Now your turn!

I just hatched my very first chicks at the beginning of August (Barred Rocks) and we named one chick Einstein because the feathers and marking on top of his head looked just like Albert Einstein's hair. Another we named Sya (Saved Your A**) because I had to help him hatch. Another we named Hoppy because he was a spraddle leg at birth and even though we hobbled him he still has a slight gimp to his gait. Funny thing is all three of these names stuck and they are all boys!!!

I just point and add a brief description if I want to say something about one of the banties. Every living creature here has a different name in each or two languages an I can't be bothered to remember any but the English names. A friend has a system that works well for him butm because we don't eat the little dears, is no good for us. However, ot might help the OP. here are his favourite chicken names:

Easter

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Sunday Lunch

Sandwich

Stud

Deep Fry

I have a barred rock that we named Plymouth. (corny...Plymouth Rock) But it fits him. His girlfriend is a New Hampshire Red that we named "Red." (go figure) We have three golden laced wyandottes. One is Sgt. Sledge named after my son's roommate. (my son is a sgt in the army), one is Tyrone and his girlfriend is Shenequa. No idea why we got urban with those. Then I have four silver laced hens. One is a year old that we named Miss Penny. The other three are Lemon (she had a yellow number band on her leg) and Jordan (her number band was 23) and my husband named the last one Lu Lu. (no idea why)

I love your lol. That was pretty good. We had friends that named their dog De-oh-gee. I always thought it was an indian name until it hit me one day that they were saying "d-o-g." DUH!

I told my husband tonight that I wish we'd named one of our roosters Charlie. I thought that would have made the best chicken coop sign. Charlies Angels. And then had three chickens doing the pose. Cracks me up.

Back
Top Bottom