chickens keep killing my pigeons! some input please

they are wonderful creatures. beautiful and amazing.. the baby that the chickens pecked to death was a white dove with feathers on its feet, the dad was a fantail pigeon, the mom, a dove.

anywase, i cant confine the pigeons,, i have let them become wild, they come when i call them, for food, but as for handling them. i decided that i wouldnt because they were handled for so long being poked and prooded on with experiments etc.

i cant seperate the chickens. i have 34 and only one small coop they go in at night. my chickens free range on 10 acres. and i cant pick where the pigeons are going to start to lay and hatch their youngs.. unfortunaltey.

but someone brought up a good point. i will take the tree that they are in , and completley surround it with fencing so as to try to keep the chickens out while they are flegings and learning to fly etc.

i am stressed about it , because i feel partial to blame setting them free.... if i kept them caged up then the little white fan tail dove wouldnt have bee pecked to death..
sad.png

thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom