coccidiosis and immunity

You were giving the golden laced pullet Corid which is a thiamine blocker, then you gave the pullet lots of Nutri Drench which contains thiamine.
The Nutri Drench is causing the Corid to be ineffective. Stop the Corid and Nutri Drench and get the pullet started on a Sulfa drug or Toltrazuril as stated by @Eggcessive and @coach723 or you're going to lose her.

Yes, it's possible that there can be different strains in different areas. But it can be easily spread on shoes and clothing as well, so unless the spot is pretty far from where they were before, it would seem likely that it would be everywhere. But we are talking about something microscopic that we can't see, so no way to know for sure.
If getting a fecal is doable for you (that is not usually terribly expensive if you have a vet that will do it for you) that would be best.
If you are using the liquid Corid then the correct dose is 2 tsp per gallon of water (that's about 9.86 ml), and the powder form dose is 1.5 tsp per gallon of water.
That should be the only water available during treatment, and treat for 5-7 days, don't stop early if improvement is seen sooner, complete the entire treatment period.
thank you i will do as you describe! is there anything I can do to help her gut heal if she has sustained damage from coccidiosis?

You were giving the golden laced pullet Corid which is a thiamine blocker, then you gave the pullet lots of Nutri Drench which contains thiamine.
The Nutri Drench is causing the Corid to be ineffective. Stop the Corid and Nutri Drench and get the pullet started on a Sulfa drug or Toltrazuril as stated by @Eggcessive and @coach723 or you're going to lose her.
I read that somewhere and yes have not given nutridrench and corid at the same time now.. I can order to get some of that drug to have on hand but she has made a 180 from yesterday with just corid, shouldnt I continue corid because she is so much better on it?

Back
Top Bottom